FFWD - Savory Cheese And Herb Bread

The real name of this recipe is "Savory Cheese And Chive Bread" and you can find it on page 34 of "Around My French Table" by Dorie Greenspan.  However I didn't use chives.  What I did use was rosemary and thyme because that's what I had on hand in my Kudos Kitchen and as Dorie states, "this is a recipe that begs for variation". 

I have to laugh though because what we're really calling it at my house is "Urban Cheese Bread".  While I was taking my photos for this post, my son asked me what type bread it was and I replied "Herb and Cheese Bread".  Guess I need to enunciate better because he heard me say, well...you get the gist. LOL.  Gotta' love it!







This is a stunningly beautiful and amazingly simple quick bread.  It's moist and tender yet still has a crumbly texture like no other.  Wow, talk about some wonderful nooks and crannies!!!  It's packed full of  flavorful Gruyére cheese and then with the combination of the flavorful and earthy herbs, this is a bread that will impress and delight anyone who sits "Around My French Table"... here at my home in Illinois :)

I served this delicious bread alongside a "Creamy Artichoke Chicken Pasta" dish  (recipe coming soon) and we all savored each and every bite of our "Urban Cheese Bread".  :) 


Come again, won't you.  I'll always have room at the table for you in my Kudos Kitchen! Now... let's eat!


Labels: , , , , , ,