FFWD - Orange-Almond Tart

Oooh, la, la!  You'll have to forgive me for that is the only French I know (LOL)!  And yes, I know it's quite a stretch to call that French...

However it is the best way for me to describe this 'fragrant' (parfumé) and 'light tasting' (dégustation de la lumière) tart.  Ha, fooled you...I started using translator.com  to complete this post so maybe I'll even learn a bit of French as I go along.  'Heck, it's worth a try'! (Heck, il vaut la peine d'essayer!)

Enough of my 'shenanigans' (manigances) , on with this 'wonderful' (merveilleux) tart!!!



This 'luscious pastry' (pâtisseries succulentes) came together in a 'snap' (snap) and it's pretty enough when completed to grace any French 'pastry shop window' (vitrine de pâtisserie).  You can find this recipe on pages 460-462 of "Around My French Table" by Dorie Greenspan and the recipe for the 'Sweet Tart Dough' (pâte à tarte sucrée) found on page 500.


The 'sweet tart dough' (pâte à tarte sucrée) was 'delightful' (délicieux) to work with and the only small change I made to it was that I added 1 teaspoon of almond extract into the dough for 'additional flavor' (plus de saveur).  If you're a frequent reader of my blog, then you'll know that I can't seem to stop myself from adding my own 'twist and take on things' (torsion et de prendre des choses). :) 

I only added a few more twists and turns to Dorie's original recipe before all was 'said and done' (dit et fait). I substituted Grand Marnier for the rum and added 1 tablespoon of orange zest into the almond cream before baking.  An hour or so later in a 350 degree oven and this is what your efforts afford you!   'So pretty!' (Si jolie!)   We're ready for our close up Mr. DeMille!



                                                                                                                                                                                                  
 



I hope you've enjoyed this post and I haven't offended too many of you with my 'so called' (soi-disant) French.  I'm also expecting a visit from the grammar police to charge me with some sort of 'citizens arrest' (arrêter des citoyens) and I can't say I'd blame you.... 'LOL' (Laughing Out Loud)!

Enjoy your day everybody!  Can't wait to see you next time in my 'Kudos Kitchen By Renee!' (Cuisine Kudos Par Renée!)

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , , ,