FFWD - Basque Potato Tortilla


I made this for dinner last night and it was a gigantic success!  Found on pages 142-143 of "Around My French Table" by Dorie Greenspan.  I unfortunately missed out on last weeks recipe so this week I needed to come back in with a bang!  I think this one hit the mark with a bulls-eye.


I wouldn't necessarily call this a tortilla as Dorie does.  To me, it's more like a fritatta or a crust less quiche but whatever you call it,  don't forget to call it delicious!!!

Potatoes and onions are sauteed together in an oven-proof skillet to start the dish.  For mine, I also added some orange and yellow bell peppers along with some chopped ham that I happened to have in the fridge.
Cook these until almost tender and nicely colored then you add some beaten eggs and rosemary.


Cooked in the oven and then under the broiler for that deep, rich brown color is all you need to do next and you're almost ready to eat.  Let cool about 10 minutes before slicing. Next, take some fun and mouthwatering pictures (LOL...or not) and dinner is served ~




I don't know anybody who doesn't love a good breakfast for dinner once in awhile, but why not serve this for brunch or breakfast too?  Heck, this would be a good meal anytime of the day or night you care to serve it!  It's a winner ~ whenever :)

Thanks for stopping by for dinner.  There is always a place for you at our table!
Sincerely,

Labels: , , , , ,