Pecan Snowball Cookies

This is another Christmas cookie recipe that has been passed down from who knows how long in my family.  They were originally named pecan crescent cookies but over the years, and in my hands, I was always too impatient to form each cookie into crescent shapes and so the birth of the pecan snowball was formed.  I've never looked back at my decision to put my own spin on tradition.  Turns out I need to be looking up instead...follow me and I'll show you.

Pecak Snowball Cookie Recipe



PECAN SNOWBALL COOKIES      {PRINT THIS RECIPE}

3/4 lb. of butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 lb. chopped pecans
2 1/2 - 3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
Additional powder sugar for dusting

-Cream butter and powdered sugar together in a mixer until combined.
-Add vanilla, nuts, flour and salt.
-Form dough into balls about the size of golf balls.
-Bake cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
-Once the cookies have cooled, dust them with powdered sugar and serve.




The nice thing about this cookie (other then the flavor) is that they don't change their shape after being baked  like most cookies do. Without the addition of a leavening ingredient such a baking soda or baking powder, what you roll, is what you get. No surprises there at least, but I get the feeling I'm being watched as I finish up this last batch of cookies in the kitchen. Hmmmm. Wonder what it could be???


The abominable snowman shows up every December just to make sure we have a white Christmas with lots of pecan snowballs for all.  Hope he doesn't fall from up there but if he does, no worries...bumbles bounce!!!!

Brrrrr! I can't look!  Wouldn't you just know this guy would show up just as I was putting the finishing touches on these snowball cookies. It's the same story every year. Pull up an ice block and I'll tell you about it :)






Pecan Snowball Cookie Recipe
 Pecan Snowball Cookie Recipe

Well, sadly there is no disguising the fact that somebody has gotten to most of the snowball cookies and eaten them all up.  Must have been that monster (or is that mom-ster??) that's been lurking in the kitchen. 

No-el !!!

Warm Holiday Wishes!



Labels: , , , ,