FFWD - Spiced Butter-Glazed Carrots

Yes please, pass me the carrots...


I didn't know what to expect from this recipe because I had never used cardamom before.  I purchased the small and pricey jar of spice specifically for this recipe.  My hope was that it would be a good addition that could be tasted, appreciated and like no other spice in my cabinet. 


All I can tell you is it that I've made these carrots a few times since. They're THAT good.  The addition of the cardamom is warm and inviting and pairs perfectly with carrots! The small jar of pricey cardamom will be used on a regular basis in my kitchen.  Thanks Dorie!

On a simple side note, I also added a slight bit of honey and brown sugar to bring a little touch of sweet to the party.  Warm, sweet, spicy and colorful.  The perfect side dish!!!




This recipe can be found on page 335 of Dorie Greenspan's cookbook "Around My French Table" along with so many other delightful and delicious recipes.  You'll love this book!  Oh, and I highly recommend adding cardamom to your spice cabinet if you haven't already.  I think you'll love that too :)

Keep cookin',

Labels: , , , , , ,