FFWD Roast Chicken For Les Paresseux



I made this recipe a few weeks ago and posting this picture today has me drooling all over my keyboard right now.  This was one seriously good chicken!!!


This recipe for Roast Chicken For Les Paresseux (lazy people) can be found on page 200 of "Around My French Table".  On page 201, Dorie talks of the day she was cooking dinner for Jacques Pépin and he loudly exclaimed "What are you doing?" at the sight of Dorie washing the chicken inside and out during preparation.  Made me think long and hard about doing it myself in my own kitchen.  I always have but have always hated doing it.  Now I feel I have permission to forgo that step.  After all, if Jacques Pépin says is OK, who am I to argue?








I was lucky enough to have a loaf of homemade county fair bread in the freezer so I used that as my bread bed for my chicken.  The rest of the ingredients are simple and things you have on hand in your cabinets and pantry at a moments notice.  I did not however add the baby potatoes that this recipe calls for because as a side dish to this wonderful chicken, I also made the potato gratin (pommes dauphinois) found on page 360 (post to come next Friday).  Needless to say, I had one happy family at the dinner table that evening :)  I wish I had additional pictures to share with you but to be honest, I was more excited to eat that evening than I was to take pictures.  Is that so wrong? 



Thanks for visiting.  I'll look forward to having you over for dinner again soon!  You were a lot of fun!

Fondly,

Labels: ,