Being Accountable

I just realized that it's been almost 3 weeks since we completed our fitness room here at the house and I haven't talked more about it since.  You're probably thinking that I've surely lost interest in working out, right?  Well I'm proud to say that as difficult as it is to get my butt in that room to work out some days, I've only missed 4 days over that 3 week period. Not too bad if I do say so myself.




Today I worked with my K-bell.  The K-bell is the one with the red ball like thingy with the handle. You wouldn't think that something so non-assuming looking would make you sweat like a little piggy but let me tell you that as I sit here to write, the sweat is pouring down my face.  I paint an attractive picture, don't I?

I follow along with the DVDs as best I can.  The movements are more for someone who is coordinated and graceful (not me at all) but I keep up with the pace and swing that darn bell with gusto.  Today I worked for almost 30 minutes. Unfortunately the length of this particular CD is 40 minutes... but I did the best I could.  Hey, I didn't need to tell you that part either, I'm just being honest and accountable!!

Since I've started my regular work outs, I will tell you that I've notice a definite difference in regards to my energy level and I think I may have noticed a slight change in how my clothes are starting to fit.  This is going to be a long process and I'm not naive enough to think I can change things overnight.  Speaking of overnight, I'm sleeping much better now too. That is a HUGE bonus and it makes all the exercising worth it, if just for that fact alone.

Now, if I can just get a handle on my food intake I'll be so much better off and actually see speedier results.  I'll get there, I just have to go at my own pace.  For now though, at least I'm sweating and getting my heart rate up.  Fun? Yes, fun when it's over :)

Labels: , , , , ,